In order for a VPN service to meet all customers’ expectations, it needs to be secure and trustworthy but also lightning fast. The best VPN service allows its subscribers to avoid censorship and overcome geographical restriction without losing on connection speed. That is exactly why the VPN market has to be compared in order to select the world’s fastest VPN.
Unless a VPN provides rapid connection speeds, it seems impossible to control data-intensive operations that most netizens take for granted. For example, you will be unable to enjoy smooth flash nifities operation while using slow and unstable VPN connection. This is because the auto flash gallery requires high-speed bandwidth for uploading images, creating photo galleries and editing them if necessary or making xml flash sideshow.
Nowadays, VPN is the digital world’s outstanding personal cybersecurity and online privacy tool. The primary reason for this is a possibility to spoof the real geographical location while pretending to be in a different country that allows for overcoming censorship and bypassing geo-restrictions. What is more, decent VPNs offer to their customers’ privacy by securing their sensitive information with an iron-clad layer of encryption.
With encryption of users’ data and routing via a VPN provider’s server, usual internet speeds have resulted in slowing down. Nevertheless, subscribers of the best VPN services are supplied with the world-class servers that make every effort to keep the loss of speeds at the minimum level.
Compelling reasons for choosing fastest VPN service
According to the commonly held opinion, VPNs are considered best when they offer a balance of all features including reasonable prices, numerous server locations and up-to-date connectivity protocols.
Nevertheless, some services are used occasionally for getting away with the location restrictions while the others are utilized for heavy downloading.
- First of all, your internet activity is secured while browsing via a remote network. Besides, many companies use VPN for accessing corporate information on the office network without any fear of insecurity.
- Secondly, using a free public wireless network, you should be concerned about your online privacy and security by running the best and fastest VPN service. Having subscribed for a decent VPN, all the traffic is encoded and protected against undesirable monitoring and malicious penetration into the internet activity.
- Thirdly, VPN allows for connecting multiple networks that is beneficial for businesses to be able to share the network resources among different offices spread around the globe. In addition, you can use VPN for personal purposes to connect to the home network.
- Finally, the overriding reason to use fast VPN is to bypass geo-blocking that also includes regional restrictions on certain websites and services. In such a case, VPN services are used by people to reach censorship and anonymity online. Besides, VPNs are used for streaming different online media platforms such as Netflix. BBC iPlayer and many others even located in different regions.
How to choose fastest VPN services: step-by-step plan in 2018
VPN services are often used for Netflix and other popular streaming projects. Besides, every careful user downloads torrents under VPN for torrenting. For all these needs, you must have the fastest VPN service.
You might think how to choose the fastest VPN service for Netflix and torrenting. Here is the list of actionable tips on how to find the fastest VPN service:
- There are a lot of projects on the network that testify VPN services and post VPN reviews on their websites. That’s why you can look through VPN reviews there and choose a couple of decent variants for you.
- Be sure that such VPN providers offer free trials. In such a way, you will have the opportunity to have your personal VPN test and decide if the service is suitable for you.
- Having downloaded a VPN app, perform a speed test. How to do this? That’s easy! Look for any online service that allows you to testify the speed of your internet connection. You will have to perform two speed tests: with a VPN and without it. Then compare the results and find out which VPN service is the fastest VPN service for you.
Besides those super-easy steps to find the fastest VPN services available, there are additional factors that may and will help you to narrow the circle of the providers to even consider.
First of all, there is the question that every person who has ever thought of getting a VPN for the first time has asked themselves: to pay or not to pay?
Now, let’s get real. No one likes to pay when there is a free alternative. And there’s no shortage of that in the VPN market.
However, is it a good idea to set one’s mind on a free service just because it’s free? It probably is not.
Free services are usually quite limited in terms of their features, bandwidth, and speed. The reason for that is the fact that high-quality software and hardware necessary to run a VPN service are very costly. And it’s not just a one-time payment because providers have to be able to afford maintenance, updates, and so on.
While free services, obviously, have their own methods of making money (they usually include displaying third-party ads to their customers), they are hardly as reliable as those of paid providers. The situation results in slower speeds.
Secondly, what a potential VPN user needs to pay attention to when choosing a fast service is the number of servers that it offers.
One of the things that affect how big a speed drop will be when connected to a VPN server is the distance between it and the customer’s location. The bigger that distance is, the slower the speed is going to be, generally. Of course, it also depends on the bandwidth limitations of the server, among other factors, but the distance is very important.
So, the more servers a provider offers, the better, right?
Usually, it is. Their number also influences such things as how easy or hard it is, to name one example, for a streaming service to find out about people using a VPN and watching geo-restricted content that they aren’t supposed to be able to watch. The more servers and, consequently, IP ranges there are, the harder it is for a service like Netflix to see a pattern and determine that something’s wrong.
But only if it were so simple! Unfortunately, the number of servers alone is not enough to make a judgment about a given VPN service’s speeds. That number can be large but still be of little to no use to you if all the servers are located close to each other and far from your real location.
Such a situation isn’t that hypothetical, either. Few VPN providers have a lot of servers in Africa, the Middle East, South America, and East Asia. While understandable because of oppressive regimes that are abundant in those regions, it also forces customers living there to deal with slow speeds.
If you keep all this in mind when choosing a VPN, you will have no problems finding one that is just as fast as you need.
Enjoy streaming with the fastest VPN!